(in a nutshell and we occasionally will deviate from the programme)
- Being a Christian based school we start the day with a devotion & prayer.
- Each week a boy & a girl is selected to be “Class Captain” for the week.
- Tuesday’s are “Shopping Day” – each child gets a turn per the roster.
- Wednesday’s are “Show & Tell” – each child gets a turn per the roster.
- Friday’s are “Bakers Day – Mini Masterchef”.
- Story Book Roster – Each child gets a turn to bring their own story book and be the
“storyteller” (with a teacher) at the end of each day.
- To encourage positive behaviour, each child will have a reward chart – once complete, they will
have a chance to choose something from the surprise bag. Each child WILL have a turn!
- Water and sand play (weather dependant)
- Texture time (important for tactile development)
- Visual, auditory & oral activities
- Role playing (e.g. washing babies, dishes, jobs)
- Structured gross motor activities – obstacle course, ball skills, balance beam &
boards & balls etc.
- Incorporating Letterland for literacy
- TV assisted learning
- Dress Up days
- Christmas Party
- Little Explorers Early Education Centre participates in the Santa Shoebox Project
which takes place around October of each year – each family packs a box to donate on
behalf of the school (optional).