Our School PROGRAMME includes, inter alia, the following:
Activities are age appropriate and taught in English or Afrikaans
The schedules days for activities may change from time to time
Our lesson plans provide a 3-year strategy incorporating: Emotional and Social Development,
Fine and Gross Motor Development along with Cognitive Development aiding in
Numeracy, Literacy, Science, Art and School Readiness for Grade RR/R.
- Each New Term incorporates a General Knowledge and Biblical Theme.
- Being a Christian based school, we start the day with prayer and praise and worship.
- If your child is absent or does not attend on the days we do the arts & crafts,
we will do our best to catch up with them, otherwise the blank page will
be placed into their Portfolios which you can then do with them at home.
- STEAM Table activities are set out from 7.00 – 8.45 daily. Vital skills together
with the learning areas for the week are incorporated into these activities.
- If your child/ren only comes to school at 8.45 or later, they will miss out on these
essential activities. Please try to get your child to school by 8.15/30 to take part
in these activities.
- Mondays – Introduction of our General Theme and topic/art/craft for the week.
- Tuesdays – Introduction of the Bible Lesson/art/craft for the week.
- We have “Show & Tell” days which you be notified about.
- Wednesday’s are “Shopping/Shopkeeper Day” in the 2nd and 3rd school Terms.
PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK THE “SHOPPING” FOR THE DAY BEFORE GIVING
IT TO YOUR CHILD AND NOT TO HAVE THE ITEMS IN THE CAR UNSUPERVISED
WHILST YOU ARE DRIVING.
- Bakers Day – Mini Master Chef” takes place usually on a Friday if we do
not have any Birthday parties or another activity scheduled.
- Thursday’s are our Obstacle Course days, weather dependant.
- To encourage positive behaviour, each child will have a reward chart – once complete,
they will have a chance to choose something from the surprise bag.
Each child WILL have a turn!
- Water and sand play, weather dependant.
- Texture time (important for tactile/sensory development).
- Visual, auditory & oral activities.
- Role playing (e.g. washing babies, dishes, jobs).
- Letterland for literacy.
- Dress Up days.
- Easter Dress Up and Easter Treat Hunt.
- Year End Christmas Party
- Graduation Ceremony reserved for children “Graduating” to Grade R/RR only.
- Usually on a Saturday in mid to end November.